V & C Foods Pty Ltd Privacy Statement
- About this policy
This policy sets out how V & C Food Distributors Trust T/A V & C Foods Pty Ltd ABN 70101133029 collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
When you engage V & C Foods Pty Ltd to provide you with any goods or services, or communicate with V & C Foods Pty through email, by telephone, in writing, or use any of V & C Foods Pty Ltd other services, including the V & C Foods Pty Ltd websites, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
- The purpose for collecting your personal information
V & C Foods Pty Ltd collects personal information, such as:
- name, address, telephone number, email address;
- your bank account details and credit card information;
- user ID’s and passwords;
- any goods or services provided to you;
- Records of your communications with V & C Foods Pty Ltd.
- Website usage information.
V & C Foods Pty Ltd will generally collect and use your personal information for the primary purpose of:
- V & C Foods Pty Ltd general business operations;
- providing you with V & C Foods Pty Ltd goods and services;
- communicating with you
- responding to your inquires about our goods and services;
- meeting V & C Foods legal and regulatory requirements;
- conducting, improving and developing a business relationship with you;
- marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- Improving V & C Foods Pty Ltd. website.
Personal information is only collected:
- if necessary for V & C Foods Pty Ltd operations;
- by lawful and fair means; and
- Where practicable, only from the individual concerned.
V & C Foods Pty Ltd takes reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information
- the right of access to the information
- the identity and contact details of the V & C Foods Pty Ltd employee/representative collecting the information;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- The main consequences of failure to provide the information.
- How we may use and disclose your personal information
V & C Foods Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information:
- for the primary purposes for which it was collected;
- where you would reasonably expect this;
- where you have consented;
- to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- For direct marketing by V & C Foods Pty Ltd, but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; V & C Foods Pty Ltd includes its contact details in any direct marketing.
V & C Foods Pty Ltd does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
V & C Foods Pty Ltd will not sell or license any personal information that it collects from you.
- Accurate and up-to-date information
V & C Foods Pty Ltd takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever changes to the data come to its attention.
V & C Foods Pty Ltd disregards information that seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time that has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in its possession.
- Using our Website
As with most websites, when you visit the V & C Foods Pty Ltd website or use an application on the V & C Foods Pty Ltd website, V & C Foods Pty Ltd may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded type of browser and operating system.
V & C Foods Pty Ltd also uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the V & C Foods Pty Ltd website, but the website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
- Security of your personal information
V & C Foods Pty Ltd protects your personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format, and by appropriate physical and communications security. Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
- Dealing with unsolicited information
V & C Foods Pty Ltd takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
- Access to your personal information
V & C Foods Pty Ltd acknowledges that you have a general right of access to information concerning you, and to have inaccurate information corrected. You are able to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer. To contact our Privacy Officer please see contact details below.
- Anonymity when dealing with V & C Foods Pty Ltd
V & C Foods Pty Ltd allows you the option not to identify yourself when dealing with it, only where practicable.
- Cross border disclosure
Your personal information may also be processed by, or disclosed to employees, representatives, or other third parties operating outside of Australia who work for, or are engaged by V & C Foods Pty Ltd in other countries.
V & C Foods Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to your personal information (‘the Required Steps’).
The Required Steps do not apply if you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient. By supplying your personal information to V & C Foods Pty Ltd, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and agree that the Required Steps do not apply.
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress for breaches under the Privacy Act.
- Collecting sensitive information
V & C Foods Pty Ltd does not use government identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers) to identify individuals.
- Who should you contact for further information?
Please refer any queries or complaints about privacy issues to our:
V & C Foods Pty Ltd
11 Norfolk Avenue NSW 2541 Australia
Phone: (02) 44230033
- How this policy changes
This policy may change from time to time. A current version of this policy will be published on V & C Foods Pty Ltd website or may be obtained free of charge upon request.